One of the best portable stands for iPad and digital drawing tablets

 Huion ST200


For a while now, I've been posting videos of my illustration processes on my YouTube channel, and several users asked me about the stand I use to support the iPad Pro. 


Huion ST200

I use the Huion ST200 stand which is not only for the iPad, and it is one of the main advantages why I decided to try this stand at the time and eventually it became the stand I always use everywhere.

Advantages of the Huion ST200 drawing stand

One of the main advantages that I value the most is that it is very portable. It is 7.3 millimeters thick when it is completely folded, and that means that you can take it with your tablet anywhere, since it takes up practically nothing, and so you always have it available wherever you go.

Huion ST200


Huion ST200

Different inclinations

Its tilt levels are also something to highlight, since it depends on the height of the table on which you draw, you will be better off with a higher or lower tilt. In my case I almost always use the 20 degree tilt, but on occasion that I have had to draw outside my studio, I have had to use a higher tilt, and it has been great.

Its operation is very simple. On the surface of the stand, there are two large tabs that fold out. One is larger than the other, and by pushing it back, you can unfold one or the other, and you can choose between their different levels of tilt by snapping that tab into the base. It is an extremely simple but effective system that offers great stability.

Huion ST200

Stability

Stability is one of the most important points when choosing a stand for your digitizer tablet. In my case, before I had this Huion ST200, I had another stand with a small foot, and it really wasn't very stable, since the foot made it tilt, and I had to be holding it on one side when I was pressing the stylus on certain areas.

This Huioin ST200 does not have that problem. As you can see in the pictures, the stand gives the tablet a lot of surface area to stand on.

Huion ST200

Materials and portability

As I mentioned at the beginning, it's a very portable stand. You fold it up and it's completely flat, it's extremely thin, it's no thicker than an iPad, and it's very light.

As for its materials, it is built in aluminum and plastic, and this is where I put the first negative point, more for feel than for the quality itself. I would have liked it to be all aluminum. The plastic detracts a bit of "feeling" of quality, although it is a resistant and robust plastic, it would not have been bad all metal.




Price and where to buy

You can buy the Huion ST200 stand on amazon at a price between $40 and $50, depending on the offer. At the time I am writing this post, it is about 39 euros on sale. 

I must say that when I bought it (on sale) it seemed a bit expensive, but when I started using it and after several months of use, I would honestly buy it again. The main reason, stability and portability. It is a stand that allows me to carry it in my backpack with my iPad without adding weight or taking up space. I didn't expect that I would like it so much and that it would become one of the essential objects in my work setup.

If you're looking for a stand for your digitizer tablet, I highly recommend it. You may be a bit put off by the price, I understand, I also found it a bit expensive... but as I said, right now I would buy it again in a heartbeat. It is an investment and a work tool, and there at least I give a little more margin if it is going to become something fundamental in my day to day.

Comentarios

Entradas populares